Peak Potential Adventures is offering you the opportunity to join this exclusive fully supported trek of the Six Foot Track in The Blue Mountains, New South Wales.
Let the team at Peak Potential Adventures take you on a professionally guided and fully supported two-day trek of the historic Six Foot Track in the Blue Mountains. This trek would be regarded as one of New South Wales most iconic overnight treks. The Six Foot Track is a 45-kilometre old horse and cart route that was built in the late 1800s to ferry supplies between Katoomba and Jenolan Caves.
Your overnight gear will be transported in the support vehicle, so you’ll only need to carry a day pack over the 45-kilometre journey. One of the highlights will be to stay overnight in the tranquil ecolodge which is nestled in bushland just back from the beautiful Cox’s River. Day two of the trek starts with a crossing of the famous Bowtells Swing Bridge as the team makes its way towards Megalang Valley.
Finish the trek at the historic Explorer’s Tree where Gregory Blaxland, William Lawson and William Charles Wentworth, the explorers who achieved the first known successful crossing of the Blue Mountains of New South Wales by European settlers, carved their initials in 1813.
The trek is both challenging and fun based on the program that Peak Potential Adventures has designed. Because this trek is accompanied by our support vehicle most of the way which carries your overnight gear, you’ll only need to carry a daypack. All you have to do is bring some basic equipment like comfortable walking shoes, a warm jacket and pants and enjoy the scenery, the challenge, the serenity and the great company of like-minded people on this two-day weekend trek.
The Six Foot Track is an adventure that delivers a remarkable experience of a historic Australian trek. You can choose to do it as a stand-alone adventure or use it as a foundation experience for future multi-day treks, or incorporate it into a training plan for multi-day treks in Australian and overseas destinations. The Six Foot Track has some challenging features which make makes it a great training trek for other adventures offered by Peak Potential Adventures to Kilimanjaro in Tanzania and The Overland Track in Tasmania.
The Six Foot Track will provide a good introduction to endurance trekking and if completed, participants will be prepared mentally and physically for bigger multi-day treks. The trek includes access to a support vehicle and it’s important to note that this adventure is not just about the challenge – it will be fun and deliver moments that you will remember for the rest of your life. Overnight accommodation will be in a beautiful and peaceful ecolodge on the Coxs River.
- Stunning views walking down Black Range
- Stay in the beautiful private ecolodge on the Coxs River
- Enjoy the company of fellow trekkers and adventurers
- Cross the famous Bowtells swing bridge over Coxs River
- Stunning views of the Blue Mountains walking through the Megalong Valley
- Enjoy a beautifully cooked fully catered dinner at the end of the first day at the ecolodge
- Weather permitting, take a dip in the beautiful rock pools near the ecolodge
- Relax in the private ecolodge and enjoy the natural peace and serenity
- Enjoy close encounters with some of the local wildlife, flora and fauna
- Walk through the beautiful Nellies Glen rainforest near the end of the trek
- Just disconnect from daily life for the weekend and take in the great outdoors.
- Australian professional guides with extensive outdoor and adventure experience
- Transport to and from The Six Foot Track – Katoomba to Jenolan Caves and Explorer’s to Katoomba
- Private cabin for our team at the ecolodge on Saturday night
- 20-litre daypack if required
- Wet weather multi fit poncho if required
- All meals, drinks and snacks – morning tea, lunch and dinner Saturday, and cooked breakfast and morning tea Sunday
- Support vehicle and logistics (support vehicle will follow the team each day)
- Personal support and leadership on the trek
- Emergency remote communications and group first aid kit
- No booking fees or credit card fees.